My 5 Fav Hip Hop “Band Tees”
1. The Almighty Add-2 tee is the newest in my collection and the inspiration behind this post. Add-2 is one of the most prolific MCs I’ve ever heard! I have the pleasure of supporting his career in any way that I can. I feel it’s my duty to share with the world his very brave very dope voice and views.
2. IllKidMaticCity is one of the most creative and well produced projects I’ve heard! Super Producer Dilemma heard the many comparisons of Kendrick Lamar to Nas and decided to mash their debut albums up as only he can. The T-Shirt graphic was designed by Naturel who has made a name for himself in the art world by doing the same thing, taking Hip Hop conversations and putting his spin on it.
3. Hall Of Fame was Big Sean’s 2nd album. This tee sparked an even bigger conversation about where Hip Hop merch is heading as it relates to fashion and our influence there of. I love the simplicity of the front but the back even better!
4. Torae is an MC who to me is a super MC. So it’s only right that his design resembles that of a Superman symbol. It’s funny because when I wear it I feel empowered. It’s almost like that energy is housed within the garment.
5. My Favorite Rapper Wears A Skirt! This is my absolute favorite shirt. Not only is it a clever tee but it completely embodies the artist who it belongs to ETERNIA! She is beautiful, feminine, super lyrically endowed and unapologetic! Her presence and delivery screams her superiority as an MC without her having to verbally challenge you. Thats not something many artists have. This tee is a true conversation starter and when you do your homework on her she fully backs it up.